top of page
Search

Uzodimma Defeats Okorocha, Secures APC Ticket For Imo West Senatorial District

Imo State Governor Hope Uzodimma has emerged as the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate for the Imo West Senatorial District ahead of the 2027 general election. Uzodimma secured the party’s ticket in the APC senatorial primary held on Monday at the Orlu Local Government Secretariat, defeating former Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha by a wide margin. Announcing the results, Rear Admiral Williams Kayoda, Chairman of the Imo State Primary Election Committee, said Uzodimm

"I WAS SCREENED OUT BEFORE THE PRIMARY ELECTION BEGAN, I NEVER PARTICIPATED IN ANY" — CUBANA CHIEFPRIEST REVEALS

Celebrity businessman and socialite, Pascal Okechukwu, popularly known as Cubana Chief Priest, has denied participating in the All Progressives Congress (APC) primary election for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency seat in Imo State. The nightlife entrepreneur said he stepped down from the race before the primary election after discussions with Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodimma, over the party’s zoning arrangement. "As a loyal party man & committed progressive, I wis

WHO declares Ebola outbreak in DR Congo, Uganda global health emergency; Nigeria Tightens It's Surveillance as Ebola Kills 80 People in Congo

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak affecting the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a global health emergency after suspected infections and deaths continued to rise in eastern Congo and confirmed cases emerged beyond the initial outbreak zone. In a statement issued yesterday, the WHO said Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus determined that the outbreak met the criteria for a “public health emergency of international concern”

Trump Evacuated After Shooting During White House Correspondents Dinner

United States President Donald Trump has been evacuated from the venue of the White House correspondents’ dinner in Washington, DC, after shots were fired outside the event. Trump was rushed out of the Washington Hilton hotel on Saturday evening after gunshots were heard outside the ballroom where the annual media gala was taking place. The president, First Lady Melania Trump, and Trump’s Cabinet were unharmed in the attack. In a news conference after the incident, Trump said

Trump says ‘entire country’ of Iran could be taken out if no deal is reached today.

The US president doubled down on his threat to destroy every Iranian bridge and power plant in wide-ranging news conference. US President Donald Trump said Iran could be “taken out in one night,” which “might” be Tuesday — a deadline he set for Iran to reopen the Strait of Hormuz. He wouldn’t say whether the war is winding down, calling it a “critical period” that depends on Iran’s actions. Trump reiterated threats to hit Iran’s bridges and power plants, claiming the Iranian

Trump Says Iran War Will End Soon, As Oil Price Hits 6 Year High

President Trump has said the war in Iran will be a “short term excursion” and “complete, pretty much”, while also insisting that it must end in “ultimate victory” with “the enemy totally and decisively defeated”. The US president also claimed that the war began because Iran had been preparing to attack the US “within a week”. He said: “They were ready. They had all these missiles, far more than anyone thought, and they were going to attack us. They were going to attack all

Popular Native Doctor, Akwa Okuko Sentenced To Two Years in Prison, Fined N60 Million Naira

An Anambra State High Court presided by Justice Jude Obiorah on Friday sentenced the flamboyant and controversial Oba, Idemili South -based native doctor Chukwudozie Nwangwu, aka Akwa okuko tiwara aki, to eleven months imprisonment after he pleaded guilty to the charges bothering on money rituals. Nwangwu, alongside other alleged notorious and infamous native doctors including Eke Hit and Onyeze Jisos were brought before the court by the Anambra State government for money rit

Armed Man Shot Dead in Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Residence: U.S Secret Service Reveals

The U.S. Secret Service on Sunday said an armed man was shot dead for “unauthorised entry” into President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence. "On February 22, around 1:30 a.m., a male in his early 20s was shot by U.S. Secret Service agents and a deputy from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (PBSO) following an unauthorised entry into the secure perimeter at Mar-a-Lago,” the Secret Service said in a statement circulated on X. It added, “The individual, whose identity is

Mark Zuckerberg In Court: Meta CEO, Mark Zuckerberg Faces Intense Questioning In Landmark Social Media Addiction Trial

Mark Zuckerberg, the boss of social media giant Meta, has taken the stand in California in a landmark trial, to answer accusations that platforms including Instagram cause addiction and serious harm to users. The lead plaintiff in the case is a 20-year-old woman identified by the initials KGM, who claims her early use of social media addicted her to the technology and exacerbated depression and suicidal thoughts. Mr Zuckerberg appeared to struggle to defend his company from

Angry U.S Judge Lambasts FBI and DEA For Delaying Release of Tinubu’s Criminal Records, Issues Final Ultimatum

U.S judge Beryl A. Howell lashed out at the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration for employing delay tactics to frustrate the release of President Bola Tinubu’s records based on a 2022 Freedom of Information request by transparency campaigner Aaron Greenspan, who was assisted by investigative journalist David Hundeyin. Ms Howell of the U.S. Court for the District of Columbia in Washington, D.C., on February 3, rebuked the FBI and DEA for holding up the release of Mr Tinubu

Nnamdi Kanu Declared ‘US citizen, and Goodwill Ambassador’

The jailed leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu , has been granted honorary citizenship of the State of Georgia in the United States. Kanu was also adopted as an ‘Outstanding Citizen’ who should be “accorded every courtesy as a Goodwill Ambassador from Georgia.” The proclamation was made by Georgia’s Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger, on behalf of the Republican-controlled US state. The proclamation letter, dated January 16, 2026, was presented o

Federal Government Bans Meter Charges, Warns DisCos and Installers of Prosecution

The Federal Government has directed electricity distribution companies (DisCos) and meter installers to provide smart meters to consumers free of charge, warning that officials found demanding payments will face prosecution. The Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, issued the directive on Thursday during an inspection of newly imported smart meters at APM Terminals, Apapa, Lagos. The meters, procured under the World Bank–funded Distribution Sector Recovery Programme (DISREP),

Pastor Jerry Eze Announces $300,000 Grant For 100 Entrepreneurs

Founder of the New Season Prophetic Prayers and Declarations (NSPPD), Pastor Jerry Eze has launched a $300,000 empowerment programme, targeting 100 young entrepreneurs in agriculture, technology, and manufacturing. In a video address, Pastor Eze said the programme aims to support individuals with innovative ideas, providing at least $3,000 each to strengthen existing ventures or launch new ones. According to him, the selection and disbursement process will be overseen by an i

US Delivers Military Supplies to Support Nigeria’s Counter-terrorism Efforts

The United States Government has delivered critical military supplies to Nigeria as part of efforts to strengthen the country’s fight against terrorism and other security threats. The delivery was confirmed on Tuesday by the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) in a statement posted on its verified X (formerly Twitter) account. According to AFRICOM, the supplies were formally handed over to Nigerian authorities in Abuja. “U.S. forces delivered critical military supplies to

Impact-General Media Company Renews Its Agreement On Global Reach Via Broadcasting Services With The Nigerian And Foreign Partners In 2026

According to the News Report we received, reveals that the media companies in full partnership with the Impact-General Media Company in Nigeria have requested that the registration, operating license and partnership deal with them be renewed as soon as possible to enable the continuous flow of broadcasting services within Nigeria and across the country (abroad). This will help to foster growth, increase its global reach/coverage and build a better result towards human capital

"I Have Begged Her Family For Forgiveness" – Peller Officially Announces His Break-up With Jarvis

Popular Nigerian Tiktoker, Peller, has officially announced a breakup with Jarvis, his girlfriend and content creator. Peller made the announcement two weeks after being involved in a deliberate car accident to end his life over breakup threats from Jarvis. He was hospitalised and later arrested by the authority “in accordance with extant traffic laws.” However, speaking on Thursday January 1st 2026, Peller during a Tiktok Livestream announced their breakup. “Jarvis and I hav

Power Supply Restored After National Grid Collapse – NISO Reveals

Electricity supply has been restored nationwide after Nigeria’s power grid suffered another system disturbance on Monday, causing a partial collapse, the Nigerian Independent System Operator (NISO) said. The disruption occurred at 2:01 p.m. on December 29 and affected electricity supply in several parts of the country. Power generation, which peaked at about 4,800 megawatts earlier in the day, dropped sharply to 139 megawatts by 3 p.m., according to grid data. In a statement

Bomb Blast In Zamfara State Claims Multiple Lives

A suspected bomb explosion along the Yar’Tasha–Dansadau road in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State has reportedly claimed multiple lives, with several commuters said to have been caught in the blast.The incident was said to have occurred on Saturday, though the exact number of casualties has yet to be confirmed. Confirming the development in a telephone interview, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Zamfara State Command, Yazid Abubakar, said security operativ

Sokoto Residents Flee as Explosive Device Burst Into Flames Amid US Operation

Residents of Jabo village in Sokoto State’s Tambuwal Local Government Area panicked on Thursday night, Christmas Day, after hearing a huge explosion presumed to be triggered by an explosive device. Eyewitnesses reported that the incident occurred unexpectedly, with a suspected explosive purportedly falling in the village. Fortunately, no one was injured because the explosion apparently did not happen in a crowd. According to a local resident who confirmed the story, the objec

Four People Hospitalised As Aircraft Somersaults At Owerri Airport

The Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau on Tuesday confirmed an accident involving a Cessna 172 aircraft operated by Skypower Express at Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri, Imo State. This was disclosed in a statement signed by the bureau’s Director of Public Affairs and Family Assistance, Mrs. Bimbo Oladeji. Impact-General Media gathered that all four occupants of the aircraft were hospitalised following the incident. NSIB officials said the aircraft, with regis

Blog: Blog2

IMPACT-GENERAL MEDIA

Subscribe Form

Thanks for submitting!

+2349157627963

No. 32 Oguamanam Street By Edede, off Douglas Road Owerri, Imo State

  • Facebook

©2023 by My Site. Proudly created with Wix.com

bottom of page